January 20, 2023, Park City, Utah (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — latin house returns in person to Park City this week to celebrate the diverse mix of Latino filmmakers and artists selected for the 2023 Sundance Film Festival, and continues to be brought to life by Latino creators across the entertainment industry. spotlight the impact of From Friday, January 20th through Sunday, January 22nd, The Latinx House will celebrate the achievements of community filmmaking through a series of expert panels, receptions, parties, and flash talks with creators. Tenok Uetra (Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever), both official premiere parties Mariachi go to the Varsity (directed by Sam Osborne When Alejandra Vasquez) When divinity (directed by Eddie Alcazar and feature Moises Aria, Bella Thorneothers), Sundance Film Festival 2002 Selection Private Screening real women have curves Over the years, it has helped inspire Latinx creators and community members. further away, STARZ #take the lead will be the official sponsor of The Latinx House Opening Brunch on Friday, January 20th.
In addition to the full schedule of events (included below), Latinx House and the Sundance Institute have partnered to host the Women at Sundance Watch Party at The Latinx House space at 268 Main St, Park City, UT 84060. increase. The Sundance event is an annual gathering at the festival that celebrates the women who identify filmmakers at the festival.This year’s program includes conversations with actors and producers Dakota Johnson someone who narrates a movie Disappearance of Shear Height, Mariam Keshavars director of Persian version, Nora Nyassari director of caseWhen Sierra Urich director of Junam.
Latinx House continues to formally partner with the Sundance Institute as the leading Latinx organization working to create a gathering place that celebrates culture, filmmakers, storytellers, the Latinx community, and their allies. , all working together to bridge the gap between opportunity and expression. This year, they are broadly and deeply committed to building a presence, acquiring new and influential partners, and setting the stage for powerful cross-cultural programming, and we look forward to announcing them. Associated Press As the official media sponsor of The Latinx House.
“We are thrilled to be back at Sundance Film Festival to continue to inspire and celebrate all the Latino filmmakers who worked so hard to make their films and now have the opportunity to share that with the world at the festival. I have.” Olga Segura, co-founder of Latin House“Building community and creating a space to celebrate our achievements has always been one of our main goals. It helps build a bridge to create more opportunities for Latinx creators in the industry.”
‘Latin House will return to where we started’ Monica Ramirez, co-founder of The Latinx House. “Three years ago, we created a beautiful gathering place for storytellers, community leaders, activists, and other creators to celebrate the excellence of the Latinx community, dream together, and tackle pressing issues. We are thrilled to be returning in person to the Sundance Film Festival as we deepen our relationship and presence at this outstanding festival. We would like to thank our partners and friends at the Sundance Institute for being an important participant, and we look forward to continuing to work together to advance authentic representation and inclusion of all communities on the big screen.”
Over three days of dynamic day and night programs, participants will be able to:
- look: Private Screening of Sundance Film Festival 2002 Selections real women have curves Supported by Warner Bros. Discovery.
- Get inspired: Join Luminate and The Latinx House for a cocktail reception celebrating Latin American actors, filmmakers and producers at the festival.Featured guests are: Tenok Orchard (Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda ForeverSelected for Sundance Film Festival 2021 son of a monarch), rot in the sun with the film team heroic movie team. This event is an invite-only event hosted by Luminate.
- heard from: filmmaker Michele Stevenson, Go to Mars: The Nicky Giovanni Project,actor Michelle Prada; directed by Patricia Cardososcreenwriter, actor Josefina Lopez, filmmaker Glorimar Marrero Sanchez,director fishbowl Estuardo Rodriguez President and CEO Friends of America Latino MuseumPatricia Ratulangi, VP – Global Communications, NielsenRev. Lennox Yearwood Jr., President and CEO, hip hop caucusFabiana Rodriguez, Co-Founder and President, Cultural power centerJuanjo Duran – Head of Entertainment and Multicultural Content Partnerships – Americas, Googleand others who celebrate the contributions of the Latino community across all fields and are dedicated to the mission of the Latino House to increase the representation, opportunity, and investment they receive.
- dance: music Ray Zaragozarecently on PBS United In Song 2022: Ring in the New YearGuests will also enjoy a selection of music by DJ Ana Calderon, DJ Camilo Laraperformed by a local student mariachi band Mariachi go to the Varsity Celebration and reception hosted by Latin House at Acura Festival Village.
- smile: Enjoy a Sunday night special comedy performance by a respected comedian Aida Rodriguez.
- celebrate: All Latino films and artists selected for the Festival at TLH’s banner event “Latin House Party” sponsored by Embeleco Unlimited and Luminate. Latinx House will also host a cocktail he reception for Latin American filmmakers hosted by Luminate. Throughout the weekend, Latinx House will bring the Latinx project to life with a celebration and reception featuring the US Documentary Competition. Mariachi go to the Varsity (Director Sam Osborne When Alejandra Vasquez; and the producer James Lawler, Louis A. Miranda Jr., Julia Pontecorvo) at Acura Festival Village. Additionally, a private premiere party for Sundance 2023 NEXT is also planned. divinity (Eddie Alcazardirector and screenwriter. Steven SoderberghExecutive Producer; and Cast Stephen Dorff, Moises Arias, Jason Genao, Karrueche Tran When Bella Thorne).
Contact us to learn more about The Latinx House at Sundance, book an event, or set up an interview with The Latinx House co-founders and panel speakers. [email protected].
About Latin House:
Social Entrepreneur and Activist Monica Ramirez, Producer and Entrepreneur Olga Segura, and Producer and Activist Alexandra Martinez Kondraque are an organization founded to provide support and inspiration to Latinos. Established Latin House. First launched at Sundance 2020 through a collaboration with the Festival, The Latinx House highlights the powerful contributions of Latinx people as essential workers, key voting blocs, creative artists, business leaders and more. has grown into a political and political driving force. By engaging key partners such as the Ford Foundation, SXSW, Netflix, Shondaland, Bad Robot, Latino Rebels/Futuro Media, celebrities and allies in their efforts, we will create more true perceptions and more positive stories about Latinos. be communicated. For more information about The Latinx House, please visit: www.thelatinxhouse.org.
Elle Communications| [email protected]
#House #Latino #Returns #Sundance #Film #Festival #Host #Annual #House #CultureRich #Program #Flash #Talks #Panels #Receptions #Parties