Reproductive Rights, especially the Roe v. Wade guru, make guest appearances. FFRF TV show This Sunday.
Mary Ziegler, who has been called the leading authority on the history of abortion law in the United States, is Martin Luther King Jr. Professor of Law at the University of California, Davis. She has contributed to her New York Times, Atlantic, PBS NewsHour, CNN, and her Posts in Washington.Ziegler is the author of several books on abortion law, history, politics, and American conservatism, most recently Dollars for Life: The Anti-Abortion Movement and the Fall of the Republican Party 2022 and Law: A History of National Obsession, published this year by Yale University Press. Mr. Ziegler will attend the FFRF’s 46th Annual National Convention on October 13 and 14 in Madison, Wisconsin, and will receive the FFRF’s Forward Award, which is given to those who move society forward.
“One of the reasons Mr Low raised the issue of religious liberty was that the state bans abortion so that people who consider secular commitments to be as important as religion and, in certain cases, abortion are prohibited. It’s silencing both those who are taught by religion to be necessary or permitted,” Ziegler said. As he explains to Free Thought Matters co-hosts Dan Barker and Annie Laurie Gaylor: “Each state essentially has only one religious view on abortion, and that’s ours.” I am saying.”
Note: Freethought Matters takes a hiatus every summer, so this will be the last show of the season.
If you don’t live in an area with more than a quarter of the viewership in the countries where the show airs on Sundays (see below), you can already watch it. give an interview On FFRF’s YouTube channel. New shows appear every Thursday.
“Freethough Matters” will air on the following shows:
- Chicago, WPWR-CW (Ch. 50), Sundays at 9:00 am
- Denver, KWGN-CW (Ch. 2), Sundays at 7:00 am
- houston KIAH-CW (Ch. 39), Sundays at 11:00 am
- angels, KCOP-MY (Ch. 13), Sundays at 8:30 am
- Madison, Wisconsin WISC-TV (Ch. 3), Sundays at 11:00 pm
- Minneapolis, WFTC-29, Sunday at 7:30 am
- new york cityWPIX-IND (Ch. 11), Sunday at 10:00 am
- phoenix, KASW-CW (Ch. 61, 6 or 1006 for HD), Sundays at 8:30 am
- Portland, OregonKRCW-CW (Ch. 32), Sundays at 9am, Comcast Channel 703 in high definition, or Channel 3.
- sacramento, KQCA-MY (Ch. 58), Sundays at 8:30 am
- San Francisco, KICU-IND (Ch. 36), Sunday 10am
- Seattle, KONG-IND (Comcast Ch. 16 or Ch. 106).Sunday at 8am
- washington dcWDCW-CW (Ch. 50 or Ch. 23 or Ch. 3), Sundays at 8:00 am
Upcoming guests include interviews with PRRI CEO Robert Jones and Peter Eisley, a lifelong nationally known activist against clergy abuse.See past season interviews here, including the Fall 2022 season by author John Irving, actor John “Q” de Lancey, and Washington Post columnist Kate Cohen. Previous interviews include Julia Sweeney, Rep. Jared Huffman, Jamie Ruskin, Hank Johnson, Eleanor Holmes Norton and many other notable authors, activists and freethinkers.
Listen to “Freethought Matters.” . . Because free thinking is important.
Watch or record according to the times above, regardless of what’s listed in the PS TV Guide (which may simply be listed or misidentified as “pay-per-view”). To set automatic weekly recording, try recording manually by hour or channel. And spread the word to your free-thinking friends, family, and colleagues about a TV show dedicated to providing programming for free-thinkers. It’s the antidote to Sunday morning religion.
#FFRF #Sunday #Television #Abortion #Rights #Expert #Religious #Freedom #Foundation